I went for a walk the other day to clear my head and get some exercise. I had been feeling out of sorts and negative and wanted to blow away the cobwebs, so to speak. I encountered a field of weeds, dandelions specifically. I realized that just like a dandelion in the seed-spreading stage, I had let my mind fester on the things that were not right in my world, and the winds of discontent had spread those feelings abroad.
As a result I was becoming miserable and probably making everyone around me feel the same way!
I
decided to "lift up mine eyes to the hills, from whence cometh my
help." Psalm 121:1 That was one of my Mom's favorite scriptures. High
places have always been symbolic of holy places like the Temple. It goes on in
verse 2 to confirm this, "My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven
and earth." I've learned this lesson before and must learn it again. Worry
less and pray more. TRUST. Jehovah, who created the beautiful mountains I see
every day certainly has the power to turn my weed thoughts to flowers of faith.
If I look to Him, I cannot fail.
2 comments:
That is one of the hardest - if not THE hardest lesson to learn. I love your insight!
when we look up, life improves right away, and what a beautiful sight these mountain around you. When we were in Jerusalem we recited this Psalm on the temple steps. You just took me back there. thanks
Post a Comment