Tuesday, August 7, 2012

There's something so delicious...

There's something so absolutely delicious about babies. Their cheeks, their necks, their lips and every other possible part! This is Ezra on his Blessing Day. He is delicious. He has bright, big blue eyes that never want to close, in case he might miss something. He has a smile that warms your heart and makes your face muscles hurt from smiling back at him. He loves to coo and talk back to you, and when he's concentrating on something, he is very, very serious about it. What a grand spirit is in this little guy!
It never ceases to amaze me how completely besotted I become with each new grandchild. You know you will love them when they come...you look forward to and pray for their safe arrival. Then something magical, no spiritual happens when they are born. They bring with them a breath from heaven and you are awed at the miracle that they represent. Amberly was there with us when Ezra came. She probably was there to bring him down...we felt it and knew it. Where else would she be but at Dellany's side for this important moment?
Yes, there's something delicious about babies, sweet miracles of life sent to us, to witness God's love and infuse us with new hope, happiness and grateful hearts.

3 comments:

Myrna said...

Beautifully said Barbara. I couldn't agree more. I love those little babies for fresh from heaven. Ezra is darling.

Myrna said...

I really know how to spell, it's the typing I'm not sa good at!! I love those little babies SO fresh from heaven it what it should have said!!!

Duffin Family said...

He is such a beautiful baby and so blessed to be a part of your wonderful family. He is delicious.