Wednesday, August 1, 2012
Enjoying the view, part two...
I knew this had to be done...I've put it off for years, so finally, as an investment in my future, I had surgery to fix my feet, mainly my bunions. I think this is the final phase to my healing. Once my heart and spirit decided I could go on, I felt I needed to heal my body as well. Amberly wants me to go on, the rest of the kids do too. I have a lot to live for, so live to the fullest I must!
So far, the pain has been no more than I expected. The first week I was in my bed the whole time. I watched TV and looked at the fan a lot (with it turned ON to move the air and cool things down). I read, played Bookworm, but slept a lot. Now, I'm getting around well in my lovely boots and can even wear some lovely velcro shoe-boots from time to time! I can tell I'm healing by the messages my nerve endings are sending me. These are called zinger-pains, and they get your attention for sure. I even drove the car to work for a few hours today. It's a beautiful sunny day with wispy clouds and I am happy to say I'm enjoying that view more than ever!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment