I like to play Free Cell. It's a way for me to unwind and forget about "things", yet keep my mind working. My percentage of wins were awful for the longest time. I would just start playing, doing the easy moves, without much thought or planning. Eventually I learned to slow down and look for ways to free the aces and the small numbers first, but often I would still get bogged down, unable to make any more moves, or until I lost. Then I found the power of the "Undo" tab. Not only could I reverse my last move, but all the moves to the beginning again. Amazing!
It would be so nice if life were like that too. I have often forged ahead, in a hurry, without a lot of thought or planning. I have called it my enthusiasm and optimism, sometimes even faith, knowing that things usually work out. How often could I have used an undo button? A lot. There have been so many hard lessons I've learned along the way. Could I have learned them another way? Perhaps. There are so many avenues to enlightenment: through experiences, good and bad, through study, by observation, and imitation, just to name a few.
The best way I have found so far is following. When I follow the steps of the Savior, I am guided and protected. The way is still not easy, far from it, because my faith in Him must be tried. But His power gives me strength. I have a daily "undo tab" through repentance, and although I cannot go back to the beginning, I can begin again and strive another day to win in the game of life. I am reborn through Him, made new, and He shows me the moves to make. He truly is my King and I will follow HIm.

No comments:
Post a Comment