This morning we left Hershey PA for our flight in Baltimore, Maryland, but on the way we went to Gettysburg. We didn't have time for a full tour but we did see a few sights and the cemetery, a very sobering experience. 50, 000 men lost their lives and over half are in unmarked graves.
This is where Abraham Lincoln gave his Gettysburg address.
Sharon by one of the cannons
Going home is hard for me...I've been able to forget just a little...I've been busy and distracted. Packing up and lugging suitcases, catching shuttles, security checks etc. are no fun. But home is where I need to be, although 'home' has changed as well. Whoever said that death is but a short separation did not view it from my perspective. When does the healing begin?
1 comment:
Your trip looks amazing! I want to go! Enjoy your vacation.
Post a Comment