Thursday, June 23, 2011

Does Time Heal?




Day 96

I miss Amberly so much. We've been told that time heals all wounds, but my heart feels like it is still an open, gaping wound. I miss her love for me, for her family, I miss her gentle spirit, her light, her warmth, her friendship, her creativity...everything about her. I still can't believe she has been taken from us. Just how do we recover from this?

3 comments:

Duffin Family said...

My sister-in-law who has lost a child says that time and the grace of God are the only things that help. I hope they do for you! Just seeing her beautiful face brings tears to my eyes. It's just not fair. I love you!

sonya said...

Huge hugs from somebody you don't know. My friend Edee sent me to your blog hoping that I could be helped and healed too. I recently lost 2 of my boys. One from cancer and then less than 1 year later, 1 from a broken heart over loosing his brother.

I can tell you that with time, it becomes somewhat easier to live with most days. In no way does it "heal". There is a hole that cannot be filled in this life in spite of the Atonement. That healing I believe, will come when we are united again. Of course, in no way is this doctorine....just my opinion and feeling. And it is still somewhat fresh for me too. My 2nd child just left me in Dec of 2010.

Prayers of peace and healing are sent to your and your family as well as to my darling friend Edee.

sonya

john and brenda said...

Oh my goodness, I just read Sonya's post. Unimaginable to lose one child, but two? In no way does losing a sister copare to losing a child, but I do mourn with you and look to the future with hope and joy. No matter how much we trust Heavenly Father and His plan, it still stinks to hurt so much!