I've always kidded about how difficult it was to raise 4 daughters...I still claim it definitely had its challenging moments with the overload of estrogen in the house, and the roller-coaster of ever-changing hormone levels. But I want to take a minute to let you in on a by-product that has occurred, much to my surprise. Your daughters truly do become your friends!This has been brought home to me in the past couple of weeks, as we have been facing the possibility of a life-threatening disease with Amberly. She went in for a routine ultra-sound to see if her gall bladder was acting up, and instead found spots on her liver and a growth on her pancreas! After tests and ominous talks with an oncologist, we are still not sure what is wrong. Needless to say, we are looking at our lives and everything we took for granted. I do have a feeling of peace, grateful for the faith and prayers of so many, and truly believe that she will eventually be fine. Even imagining life without her is inconceivable, and I am holding on to the promise she was given in her blessing, that she will be able to raise her 4 boys.
I now realize that all the years of drama, the damage to my nerves, and the budget deficit caused by feminine products has purchased for me a treasure beyond price. I have 4 friends that know me oh so well, love me anyway, and would do anything for me, as I would for them in return. They support me, laugh with me, cry with me and tell me to buck up when I need it. They are also best friends with each other...Brittany breaking into research mode to find some much needed answers and helping tend the boys, Cassidy taking off work to help tend and be there for her sis, and Dellany rubbing Am's feet after her biopsy. Loving, precious moments.
Today I salute Amberly, my oldest...creative, articulate, compassionate, organized, intuitive, caring, generous, artistic, hard-working, loyal, and beautiful inside and out. We are best friends and always will be. I love her and pray for her always.
9 comments:
OH Aunt Barb I cried that whole post. We love you guys and you guys continue to be in our prayers
Beautifully Said Aunt Barbara~ We love you~
Oh that is so sweet and so true! We love you!
Thanks mom. I love that I am one of your best friends. Love you SO SO SO much!!
We're all praying and sending LOTS of good vibes into the universe for Amberly over here! That was a beautiful post :)
oooohhh, so beautifully written and so true. A mother's prayers are truly powerful, I think. We love you Am! To me, you're still the little girl who spelled out the alphabet with your body on the living room floor:)
I pray everday for Amberly. I can honestly say that as an adult my mom is my best friend and there is nothing like the relationship between a mother and daughter. I hope Stella and I will have the same kind of relationship you and Amberly and me and my moom have when she gets older! You're a great mother!!
Love you momma! BFFs!!
I cried the whole post too! It must be the genes. We are thinking and praying for you guys.
Post a Comment