Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Lake Powell

Our family vacations are always 'colorful' to say the least...here are the colors of Lake Powell...from the red sand to the muted shades of driftwood and shells. The water level is high this year, so the little cove we found was dotted with green bushes with these purple flowers...all these colors were reflected in the landscape wherever you looked.

Zac and Taylor on the way to our spot.

'Captain' Cameron, who had a great sense of where to go since he had studied the maps and details of Lake Powell before the trip!

Britt & CJ with Dell in the back

One of our favorite swimming areas.

The kids had great fun playing in the sand.

Dave had great fun playing with the kids...here's CJ loving it!

Cameron and Tyler at the Indian dwellings.

Cassidy and Morgyn

On the houseboat at sunset.

Davin & Aaron with Amberly

After a week, it was clear we had had too much sun, fun, and lake water...and not enough sleep! Time to end a wonderful vacation and head home to our own beds!

6 comments:

Amberly said...

Loved your post! I can't believe I'm slacking and haven't done mine yet. You got some great photos! Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much for our Powell trip. It was the most relaxing and fun trip I've been on in forever. I still have sea legs though... LOVE YOU!!

matt and sarah said...

You guys all have such great pictures! Maybe we should plan a Randall/Carroll Lake Powell trip when my parents get home!

Becca said...

How fun! I love lake powell. Remember years ago when we did that big trip and uncle david and my dad surprised with boats and we went boating for a day in lake powell. Good times!

The Meads said...

oh I would love to go there again! The water is so warm and clear. The water on Freddy Channel is still only 68 degrees, but we make ourselves get in anyway! Miss you! Hope you got to rest after the hectic wedding trip. love you!

tamrandfamily said...

What fun family memories!! Love you guys~

Duffin Family said...

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that lets my blog go week (sometimes months) before updating it! :) I talked to Dell yesterday about getting together Saturday at my house for a BBQ. Can you and Dave make it? Let me know!