Friday, April 17, 2009

St.George

Even in the cold, there is something about St. George that warms my heart...perhaps it's the red rock that I love, like at Arches and Lake Powell...

...maybe it's the friends ... Dawn and Marsha hiked Snow Canyon with me (Remember them from last year on the river rafting trip?)

We had a storm chasing us down the canyon, so it was a short hike and we got only a little wet!

Signs of spring...little bushes and trees...sap running and little sprouts!

And the trail goes on...


5 comments:

Dellany Higby said...

Mmmmm. I think we should plan a day trip to moab before LP! But if not, I dream about Lake Powell every night and am counting down the days! WOOHOO

Amberly said...

I'm glad you had fun, even though the weather was not cooperating. I can't wait till it really starts getting nice!!!

The Meads said...

I love the red rocks!! It's cold and rainy here but the weekend wasn't too bad; we opened the cottage up and had only a minor glitch... we couldn't get under the cottage to turn the water pump on because we had a small GLACIER blocking the door from inside!!!! Oh fun. Oh and the leaves may not be awake yet, but the black flies are. Yeah.

matt and sarah said...

I am so jealous! I have been wanting to make a trip down to St. George. I'm glad you guys had a good Easter.

Lauren said...

It's true--the red rocks are pretty awesome! It's been cold and rainy here. Last night Matt and I got caught in the rain and were soaked!