
My Mom and I did a lot of driving in our little rental car this past week visiting with cousins, nieces, family and friends...I even met a few I had never met before! Along the way, I was struck by all the colours (Canadian spelling) and all the patterns both upon the land and upon the heart. There were the vibrant colours of fall, but also the surprising colour of new green in a field of winter wheat and the non-colours of spent weeds, by stubble-fields and rows of dried corn stalks. There were red barns as brilliant as the Sumack and the subtle grays of silo, stone, and aging wood. Then there were the deep earth colors of plowed fields and wet tree trunks that framed the vibrant colours that only autumn can produce. Imagine all this interwoven with the shades of the heart as I spent the first Canadian Thanksgiving with my family there in many, many years!
7 comments:
Wish we could be there. I know Matt would love to be sitting on a boat fishing with Uncle Ed. Tell everyone hello and we love them from the Bradshaws!
The "colours" certainly are beautiful and so is your poetic post! I'm glad you were able to spend time with Grandma and with family. Here is some more love and hugs back to you and to Grandma and family in Canada!
ooohhhh, you have a way with words! It was wonderful to have you here for Thanksgiving for the first time since we were girls. The fall colours peaked that weekend and now a lot of them have fallen. The air is so sharp in the mornings and I feel the winter coming. Miiiisssss yoooouuuuu.
love Dorothy
ps Marie said you are enchanting and also that it was as if you brought a wee bit of Patricia with you:)
I love the pics! So pretty! I'm glad you had a good visit with everyone! I can't wait to see you again. I think you are enchanting too. :)
Looks like your having fun! If your still there when you read this Grandma and everyone else a hug for me. Love the pics of the tree's Thanx
Pretty momma! But you are in the states now and if you put the letter U in anymore words that don't need it, we'll boot ya, sorry it's the law. HEHEHE Glad you are home safe
So good to see the pics of my incredible shrinking mother! She does look good and so do all of you back there. Love you!
Post a Comment