Saturday, September 6, 2008

Who Got Soaked?


We went to Park City this week and stayed in The Canyons for a seminar for Dave's work. On Friday he golfed and I went on a river rafting trip on the Weber River from Henefer to Morgan. It was a blast! Here I am with my friends Dawn and Marsha.


This is a rock formation our guide called 'Crocodile Head with a pimple on the nose'.


This is is where we had to flatten ourselves (not easy) to get under the bridge, coming up on Devil's Slide.


Devil's Slide
So...who got soaked? Well I did get a little wet, but I was prepared with my Gortex jacket and hat...Dave was golfing and landed a ball in a pond. He thought...hmmm...I have water friendly shoes on, I'll try to get it! The water was clear and he could see the ball, so in he went! There was a muddy bottom and he sunk deep into it...up to his crotch! He did retrieve 5 balls, but when he came out he only had 1 shoe! He tried but could not find it, so he finished the last few holes barefoot and dripping...totally the talk of the tournament! The older we get it seems, the more adventures we find!

5 comments:

Amberly said...

Wow! You guys are having some adventures! It looks like so much fun! Sorry about your shoe Dad! Love you guys!

The Meads said...

You two have done some fun things this summer! That is sooo Dave...way to turn a conservative game like golf into something that sounds a little more like extreme sports:)
love ya!

Dellany Higby said...

My shoe!?!? I can totally picture this all so perfectly. I love that you guys are getting to have so much fun now that all your little stinky kids are out of the house, you deserve all the fun adventures in the world and then some! Love ya.

Jon, Britt & the boys said...

Hands down I would have guessed you were the one who got soaked and had some "bobby bump bump" moment falling out of the boat or something... had I not already heard the story. Too funny. Sounds like Dad was trying to mix two favorite past times into one - golfing and fishing.

Lauren said...

haha that's so funny about uncle Dave! Sounds like you're having lots of fun :)