Monday, September 15, 2008

St. George & Las Vegas






This week I went with my long-time friend Kathi to her condo in St. George where we went to see Big River at Tuacahn. It was really good (my first time to go there), and while some of her friends were taking our picture, this random 'dude' joins Kathi for a photo op! Not to be outdone I chose this famous hunk (one of my faves) for mine when we went to Las Vegas for a day. (I know he's a little stiff)


Here we asked a friendly gay couple to take our picture, which they were more than happy to do...I think they thought we were a couple too! (Ewww!) It was SO much fun to shop, shop, shop, at all the outlets, swim and hang out by the pool, go out to eat, watch BBC productions, relax and talk, talk, talk! Really, what's not to love? OK, now I know I have to get back to real life and catch up!!!!

8 comments:

Amberly said...

I want to have a girls trip full of shopping and chatting!!! The couple thing is funny!!! I'm glad you got a well-deserved break! Love you!

tamrandfamily said...

The quote of grandmas is one I memorized as a little girl, and quote it often to my children!! :) Love your new blog look! Looks like you had a fun trip!!

Love you Aunt Barb!

Jon, Britt & the boys said...

Don't let Jeff find out about Kathi's new "dude"... that is funny. Why did he just get in your picture?! The gay thing is pretty funny too... or not funny kind of icky. Maybe you and Kathi need to look less "friendly" in public! ha ha just kidding! I'm glad you had fun! Next time I say you take us girls with you! We need a mommy daughter trip. Ooh... I know, we could go to France again!

Jon, Britt & the boys said...

Oh, and I love the new blog look!

The Meads said...

me too, me too! I wanna come, I can shop, talk and I love anything BBC:) You're looking really great Barb, glad you're having fun:)

Dellany Higby said...

The 'dude' makes for a better story, the hunk is definitely stiff but I imagine you have that effect on hunks, (OH!) and you two make a very good looking couple. The gay guys were just so happy to find some lesbians with some fashion sense, HAHAHA. I think I am so funny. Glad you had fun momma, but thanks for leaving us all behind :( (feel guilty.) I joke I joke. Love ya.

Lauren said...

That sounds like a lot of fun! Who can resist shopping and BBC? I know I couldn't!

Becca said...

You are right Aunt Barbara there is nothing better then shopping and talking with your girlfriends. It looks like you had a lot of fun!