Thursday, September 18, 2008

I've Been Tagged!

8 things I am PASSIONATE about:
1. My family...especially my smart, adorable, and oh so lovable grandkids!
2. ...and my husband who is my strong and steady influence.
3. My good friends.
4. Finding truth and meaning in the scriptures and in the books I read (especially Jane Austen)
5. ...and finding beauty, meaning , patterns and lessons in everyday life.
6. Being spontaneous and creative.
7. Sharing with others.
8. Being REAL


8 phrases I say often:
1. You have GOT to be kidding!
2. What do you want for dinner?
3. Where did I put my...(keys, glasses, purse, etc)?
4. It is what it is.
5. Don't worry, it'll be okay.
6. Can't anyone else get the phone?!?
7. Give Grandma kisses!
8. Isn't (s)he just too cute for words?


8 things I want to do before I die:
1. Feel like I have accomplished what I was sent to earth to do.
2. Feel like I am finally "caught up"! (Finish all the scrapbooks?)
3. Write an article for the Ensign magazine.
4. Publish some poetry or literature.
5. Serve a mission.
6. Become fluent in French and go back to France.
7. Cruise the Mediterranean.
8. Have all of my children with me in the Temple.


8 places I would love to visit:
1. Ireland and Great Britain
2. Germany and Austria
3. Carribean (on a cruise)
4, Disneyland with the grandkids
5. The eastern seaboard in the fall
6. Australia and New Zealand
7. Russia
8. New York - and a Broadway show


8 things I have learned from my past:
1. Life isn't fair...it's not supposed to be.
2. Attitude is everything.
3. Life is short, love all you can!
4. If you have to be right at all cost...the cost is too high.
5. No one cares how much you know, until they know how much you care
6. No matter how old you get, you still feel young inside.
7. It's the little things that count.
8. If someone is hurtful or critical to you, it says more about them, than you.


8 things I currently need or want:
1. Eyebrow waxing.
2. Chocolate.
3. A maid.
4. Personal trainer & chef.
5. Updated kitchen.
6. A facelift for the house...and for me!
7. Shopping spree money...retail therapy?
8. Another vacation, and oh yeah...MORE chocolate!


8 people I tag:
1. Patricia
2. Dorothy
3. Lauren
4. Anyone from Book Club!
5. Anyone who is ignoring Amberly's request.
6. Mary, Mary, quite contrary.
7. The man in the moon.
8. The dish that ran away with the spoon!

Well, do you have any better ideas?

7 comments:

Duffin Family said...

Way to go! You got me and my sister thinking pretty deep thoughts for only 10:00 in the morning! Let's do lunch soon! Love you.

Dellany Higby said...

Good post momma! I forget how many wonderful things you know and have taught me. Help me plan something with the Duffin's, I've decided I am planning illiterate!

Amberly said...

I loved reading that. "You have GOT to be kidding!", made me laugh! I thought it was funny that we both wanted chocolate and a maid! I hope you get all that you wish for! Love you mom!

Jon, Britt & the boys said...

Hey... I didn't know that you know the man in the moon?! I'm behind on my tags... I can't keep up. Love the learned from your past ones. :)

The Meads said...

hi Barb! I know I'm tagged and i will get to it today! My internet has been wonky. Can you tell Pat that I can't check out her blog because it's private and I have to be invited? I loved all your 8 things!
love ya!

Randalls said...

I am having Tamra help me so that my blog will be opened tonight, look for it!
Hope all is well, love you!

Becca said...

I love these tags you learn so much about people and I love you "learned from the past" it helps me learn.