This weekend Dave & I went to his company summer party on Dyer Mountain north of Vernal. It was interesting to see how much Vernal has changed over the years. Dave road his vintage '76 Yamaha motorcycle (he also has a '74) on the trails, shot his bow and shotgun, played in the horseshoe competition, target practiced with a 22 rifle, fished and generally was in heaven. We had great food, great weather and great company. We listened to a couple sing, play guitar and a bass one evening. We went for a four-wheeler ride where I collected a few interesting rocks. (I know, that's not like me!) We figured out a few things on our "new" '93 trailer, and so we had hot showers and plenty of water. After having a $200 camper, and then a seventies trailer, this has been a welcome upgrade, but we've decided that in every one we have had the best of memories...the Grand Tour, Wattie, and just being with family!
4 comments:
I'm glad you guys had fun and that you figured out the camper! It sure makes it nice to have a hot shower and a nice place to sleep! Shall we go again??? ;) Love you guys!
Love the picture! Tremayne and I decided we should call Dad's motorcycles Frankenstein, because holy cow, IT'S (still) ALIVE!
That sounds like a lot of fun! Phil would have been in heaven if he was there!
I remember the "Grand Tour!" That was a fun trip. Glad that you two are having fun!
Post a Comment