Saturday morning we headed to the Mead Cottage on Georgian Bay. It's a 30 minute boat ride to get there after parking at Honey Harbor. No road access on their island!

Introducing Matt, Lauren's fiancee, who got his boating license on the first try without any studying! Smart guy! They make the perfect couple!
Dorothy and her buddy Hogan (Hogues for short). It was fun trying to keep him IN the boat!
Dave and I with the Muskoka chairs we love on the deck at the cottage.
On Wednesday, July 2nd, we packed up and left Georgian Bay for Listowel, to pick up my Mom and take her south to Lucknow to Tim and Shelley's place, "Shade Tree Farm".
My brother Tim, his wife Shelley, me, my Mom and my brother Doug.


On Saturday we went to Bayfield and then the beach - Lake Huron!
It was comical to get "the men" to take pictures! Here's Shelley and me by her beautiful delphiniums.
My Mom and me!
We left Tim & Shelley's early Sunday, in plenty of time we thought, to get to the Detroit airport for our early evening flight home. This time Dave was trusting "Nuvi" a little more, but after 2 hours getting across the border, construction detours, and other delays, we were racing through the airport, and caught our flight home only about 2 minutes before they closed the doors! WHEW!
On Wednesday, July 2nd, we packed up and left Georgian Bay for Listowel, to pick up my Mom and take her south to Lucknow to Tim and Shelley's place, "Shade Tree Farm".
On Saturday we went to Bayfield and then the beach - Lake Huron!
"Comme une ange!"
We left Tim & Shelley's early Sunday, in plenty of time we thought, to get to the Detroit airport for our early evening flight home. This time Dave was trusting "Nuvi" a little more, but after 2 hours getting across the border, construction detours, and other delays, we were racing through the airport, and caught our flight home only about 2 minutes before they closed the doors! WHEW!
A BIG thank you to Dorothy & Ed and Tim & Shelley for being great hosts!
6 comments:
I'm glad you had fun and Grandma looks really good! I was laughing about "Nuvi" and her disgusted tone! How funny!
Yay for Canadia! Grandma is looking beautiful! I really wish I could have seen all the fam, that pup, Hogan, is SO adorable. I want to smunch his sweet lil face! I tried to look at Dorothy's blog but it said it was private so make sure she changes that. Dad arguing with nuvi, priceless. Much love to all the fam up north!!!
Looks like you had fun Aunt Barbara! I love our family in Canada, everyone looked so good. I miss them!
How fun!!! I bet it was so great to see your family and visit your roots. I love the family picture too! Looks like you are having a great summer! Love you guys!
Looks like a memorable trip! I love the pictures of Grandma..priceless! Love you...
As if you were on the island and we missed each other! Oh well, next time!!
Post a Comment