Friday, July 11, 2008

The Inushuk

An Inushuk, (Inuit word for a group of rocks arranged in the form of a human made by native travelers), is left as a marker to indicate a safe passage for those who come behind. While we were in Canada, especially at the cottage on Georgian Bay, we saw many of these "pointing the way" (safe passage was crucial through the rocky channels). They also tell another that "I was here." Now that I am home, I wanted to post a symbol to say, "We were there," remembering the cherished moments spent with family, and to show gratitude for the safe travel that we experienced. Thank you Dorothy and Shelley for being such good cooks that now Dave is expecting wonders from me! Thanks for "showing" me how to be better at something that has definitely taken a "back burner" for me of late! Ed, thank you for being "ship captain extraordinaire" and giving us safe passage over the cool, clear waters of Georgian Bay. Tim, thank you for taking me back in time with guitar and song. Mom, thank you for always striving to "show me the way" in life! Doug, keep juicing! And yes, thank you to "Nuvi" for "recalculating ad nauseum to get us through the detours to Detroit airport! Thanks to you all who show us "the way"!

2 comments:

Amberly said...

It would be so fun to go with you, maybe someday! It looks like you guys had a great time! Thanks again for coming down and helping me bead my brains out! ;) I really appreciate it!

Dellany Higby said...

What a beautiful rock person. I love your lil post full of symbolism and appreciation. Mother, you and dad need to go get the movie, What the bleep!? Down the Rabbit Hole. It will change your life!!!!