Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Grand Hotel "Incident"







The Grand Hotel is just beautiful, as you can see here...but not just anyone can go in and see it. Sharon and I walked up there but were stopped at the perimeter and asked if we were guests there. Then we were told that we had to pay $15 - just to walk by it! (But then we could have gone in as well) Tuesday, after the guys were through with meetings, we rented bikes and biked the 8 miles around the island. What a blast! Dave and I were on a tandem! While on our bike ride we realized we were right below the Grand...all I had to do was clamber up the hill through the woods and maybe I could get a good photo op! So off I went! No one else came with me, but oh well. Dave said he got a little worried when I was gone a while, thinking maybe there were guard dogs who got me. (But notice he didn't come to find me!) But I did get some good pictures and no harm was done... until I went to go down the hill in the woods!!! I grasped a bush branch for balance and when that came away in my hand, I reached out for a more substantial dead tree branch which immediately bent and there I was in a slow motion free fall! (Dave of course is watching!) Thankfully my foot is caught between two limbs and my descent is stopped! However I am now head down the hill with my feet above me caught in the brush and I am laughing, still hanging on for dear life to the branch and calling for Dave to rescue me, which of course he does, and no real harm was done except to my dignity, once again!
After the bike ride we went to dinner at the Jockey Club adjacent to the Grand and had a delicious dinner where they served us with Grand Hotel napkins ... lah dee dah!

5 comments:

Amberly said...

Oh my! I'm sorry, but as I was reading that I was laughing out loud! I hope you are okay and that you don't have any more "incidents"!

Barbara said...

All's good sweetie - thanks for caring (and laughing) We're on Manitoulin Island right now - no cell phone service and not much else either! Mom

Jon, Britt & the boys said...

Bobby bump bump... you can blame it on Grandma for giving you that nickname! It has clearly cursed you! Glad to hear you are ok!! Stay out of trouble you two!!!

Dellany Higby said...

Mom's archnemesis: Gravity. Sounds like you kids are having lots of fun! Make sure to check out my blog, cute pictures of Stella's first dance recital, I know, I know. It was wonderful. I miss you guys!!! Have fun, give grams hugs from me, LOVE YOU.

Live Laugh Love said...

OH MY!!! If I could have laughed any harder I'm sure I would have wet myself... I know its not funny but since you didn't get hurt I think we all can agree this is something we'll laugh about for a while. Glad you kids are having fun... Mom stop trying to break and enter ok!?!