Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Mackinac or Mackinaw


Our new friend Sharon who LOVES the lilacs!
Sharon and Bob at the Fort.


The little town of Mackinac (which is taken from the French spelling but is still pronounced Mackinaw) has flowers everywhere. The shops on Main are fun and cater to the tourists. There are trails all around the island ... Sharon and I have walked on them for hours and hours ... great fun and exercise!



















Monday night we had dinner on the lawn at the Mission Point Hotel (more seagulls to fight off)! and then we went on a boat cruise to Mackinaw bridge and around. We had drinks and dessert on the boat and watched the sun set.


The Grand Hotel from "Somewhere in Time" and the grounds.













On the island are the most beautiful houses with stained glass windows and lilac bushes are everywhere! It's gorgeous!



2 comments:

Amberly said...

Wow, the scenery there is just gorgeous. It's so different from the desert we are used to. I'm glad you guys are having fun! Keep posting, I love to see what you are up to!

Dellany Higby said...

Oooooh, really pretty pictures momma! Thanks to your awesome camera I'm sure! hehe