On our way to the Manti Temple, we stopped and left flowers at Amberly's grave. It has been a little over 7 months since we placed her there. She is sorely missed, especially today.
The boys were so cute in the suits that we had purchased for the funeral. The day was sunny but windy, so we tried to keep in the sun for warmth.
Front, left to right: Aaron, Collin, (both 7) Jason, Paula, Caitlin (11)
Back: Hyrum (3). Davin (9), Nathan (4), Kelsie (7), Ashlie (9)
Day 293
The ceremony for time was lovely and I was honored to stand in as Mom for Jason, and Dave was one of the witnesses. Dave's parents, Brittany, Zac and Taylor were with us. Dellany was helping to tend all of the children at the house and get them dresssed for the pictures afterward on the beautiful Temple grounds. It was a little wild at times trying to keep all eight together and happy, along with dozens of other little cousins running around, but they got lots and lots of pictures. Both Jason and Paula have taken on huge responsibilities, and I'm happy they had such a lovely day, because times ahead will be a challenge, I think. We had pizza and bread sticks at the Pizza Gallery after, before going to the Open House in the evening at an older building across the street. There they served hot chocolate, donut holes, cookies and brownies. It was wonderful to see all of Amberly's friends and get big hugs from them. It was also great to meet a lot of wonderful people from Paula's side, especially Jared's family (Paula's deceased husband). He has identical twin sisters Allyson and Zina! All in all, I was able to get through a very bittersweet day, I hope with grace. Tomorrow we take them to the airport for their Honeymoon to Hawaii.
No comments:
Post a Comment