Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Thursday & Friday

Thursday, December 22nd

Day 278 I came home from shopping today, absolutely exhausted, to a notice of flowers delivered to me. I couldn't even guess who might have sent them, and when I retrieved them, I found out they were from my sister Dorothy and Ed! Instantly I was energized again, so delighted with this surprise. She has definitely been sending her love and care our way this year. I just love her!

Day 279
Once again we find ourselves enmeshed in the Holiday Season, that very special time of year when we join with our loved ones in sharing centuries-old traditions such as trying to find a parking space at the mall. We traditionally do this in my family by driving around the parking lot until we see a shopper emerge from the mall, then we follow her, in very much the same spirit as the Three Wise Men, who 2,000 years ago followed a star, week after week, until it led them to a parking space. - Dave Barry
(This is just a thought for all of us who keep on remembering that one more thing we need to do, that one more gift we need to buy, that sends us out into the maddening crowds!)

No comments: