Monday, November 14, 2011

Saturday, Day 238

Davin on my iPad
Nathan on Tremayne's phone
Collin and Aaron on Dellany's phone
Notice how close together they are!
Dave went to pick up the boys from Jason yesterday afternoon (they met in Nephi), and we had them overnight. To keep them entertained we took them to Puss in Boots and then to Chuck a Rama for dinner. It was interesting how much popcorn 4 little boys can eat, and their choices at a buffet...green jello cubes were a hit! Then after dinner the soft serve ice cream kept them busy. That's the secret - KEEP THEM BUSY! So, this morning Dave made his usual pancakes for them, then took them swimming for hours at the recreation center. We hoped this would wear them out, so that they would be good for me while Dave went to the Ute game. Dell and Tremayne came over with their new iPhones, so between my iPad and the phones they were entertained and didn't fight. Then it was time for me to take the boys to meet Jason in Nephi again. On the way I got Happy Meals for them, and that kept them busy for just a while. Then the teasing and fighting and whining began. Davin was in the front and was an angel, but the twins were in the back with Nathan in between. The twins like to tease and persecuted Nathan from both sides, and no one can scream quite like Nathan! As I was driving I threatened consequences, but to no avail. Aaron especially thought the whole situation was funny. I was gripping the wheel in frustration and letting them know how unhappy I was, when the lights of a Highway patrol car flashed to pull me over. Apparently she thought I was a drunk driver, because I went partly into another lane once and I was going a little fast. Now understand that I have never had a ticket or an accident in our 37 years of marriage, so this was extremely upsetting. Luckily when she saw the 4 boys she was very nice. As I explained that they were being naughty and I probably accelerated because I was tense, she told me she had 4 boys too, that she was going home to hug them, because she had just notified a husband in Eagle Mountain about a triple fatality. His wife and their 2 little boys were killed in a rollover accident because of the storm. She didn't ticket me and was extremely understanding of the situation, thank goodness. But then, I had to try and get back into traffic, which took a long, nerve-racking time. I started  blubbering and told the boys, "See what happens when you are naughty?" There was not a peep to be heard the rest of the way. I may have even heard a sniffle or two from the back seat, because it's not often they see their Grandma cry. Oh wait, there was that terrible, horrible, no-good day back in August!
Ah life.

3 comments:

Myrna said...

You're awesome Barbara!! I love you!!

Dellany Higby said...

Oh hearing the story again makes me wonder if Am sent that officer to pull you over, knowing it was the only thing big enough to get her boys to settle down! I hope you can laugh about it now!

Barbara said...

Not yet, Dell, not yet!