Day 189
Today it has been 4 months since Amberly passed. She never wanted to be forgotten, so it was especially poignant for me to listen to Pres. Uchtdorf's remarks for Woman's Conference, when he talked about his favorite flower 'Forget-me-not'. There is a German fable that tells how all the flowers had been named by God except this tiny flower, and its tiny voice cried, "Forget me not, oh Lord," and that became its name. Then he went on to tell about 5 points for us to remember, as women. They are printed on each petal of this flower. The ones that really spoke to me were to be patient with myself and to be happy now. He said "...there is something inspiring and sublime about the little forget-me-not flower. I hope it will be a symbol of the little things that make your lives joyful and sweet. Please never forget that you must be patient and compassionate with yourselves." I'm going to try be patient with myself in this grieving process, and I'm going to try to be happy now, because I know that's what Amberly would want. I do see blessings in every day and I'm going to try harder to forget them not.

1 comment:
I was so inspired by President Uchtdorf's message. What a blessing we have in having leaders to show us the way and instruct us by the spirit! Do you have your golden ticket? I do!
Post a Comment