Sunday, September 25, 2011
Day 190
This beautful ivy was waiting for me on my doorstep, the night that I came home from Ephraim. There was no note, so at first I didn't know who had left it. But on our answering machine was a message from a friend I knew from Vernal, who had moved to this area as well. I have seen her only a few times in 20 years, but the last time was in the doctor's office, where I told her how sick Amberly was. She later saw the obituary in the paper, felt devastated, and has been meaning to bring something over for 4 months now. When I called her back, I told her that her timing was perfect, since this week has been one of the hardest in a long time. I told her that Amberly loved ivy and had sprigs in her wedding bouquet, and that the heart shape meant a lot to me. I'm so impressed with her compassion and thoughtfulness...I'm not sure I would have done the same for her. I am so grateful, and am resolved to expand my circle of love and reach out just like she has.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment