Sunday, September 18, 2011

Day 183

HALFWAY HOME
I've made it past the halfway mark of posting every day for a year. Little did Amberly know when she was the example that began this journey, how much this would help me through my loss and grief. I used to write in a journal faithfully until life and growing children intruded to the point that I only sporadically entered important dates and experiences. Then when life got extremely hard, I lost my ability to express myself for a while. In tribute to my sweet Amberly, I will complete this year and then, who knows. Also, in tribute to Am, I'm posting one of her last posts. She made it to Day 63, and this was Day 58. It was funny at the time, and now it's just more poignant than words can say, and symbolic to me of her suffering. I love you so much Amberly, and miss you, tiny fanny and all!
Day 58- Random, I know. Who takes a picture of their toilet? I guess I do. I thought those soft seats were just for grannies, but when you lose the majority of your fanny, they are AWESOME. Toilet seats are really hard. I installed this padded seat all by myself and it makes sitting on the "throne" so much more bearable.

1 comment:

Duffin Family said...

I love that she took a picture of her toilet! It's stuff like that we need to document. Life's like that sometimes.