Thursday, August 11, 2011

The "Witching Hour"


Day 144 Wednesday
I left for Ephraim at 6:00 this morning to be there in time for Jason to leave for Provo to have his kidney stone blasted...OUCH! I came prepared with treats for a picnic, bubbles to play with in the park, and plans for a wonderful day with the boys. Davin had Football Camp and Scouts to break up his day, so for most of the day, even though they said they didn't want to go to the park and they didn't want to play with the bubbles, all went well. The "picnic" happened in the back yard. They took turns playing Wii(with some persuaasion), and I kept everything under control until...the "witching hour"! It begins around 4:30 in the late afternoon, when everyone, including me, is getting tired and hungry. I had mopped floors, cleaned bathrooms, vaccumed, made meals, cleaned, straightened and dusted and kept the boys from harming themselves or each other, and I was feeling like I was a pretty good Grandma, until it all went horribly awry. These photos were taken just before it went south. Can you see the giddyness? Yes, well my grandmother had a saying for it in German, which in essence said, "Oh yes, now you are laughing, but soon you will be crying!" Funny, but the only one that finally cried was me...in frustration! I guess they knew when they had me, and they could never pull it back together, so they took early baths and were in their beds early. Mean Grandma.

1 comment:

Dellany Higby said...

Oh momma, Jas told me about this and he felt so bad! I giggle because I've definitely been brought to tears before out of frustration while down there. Remember kids are much like dogs and if you don't want them to destroy things, RUN EM! Even tho they never want to play outside or anything, I make them. Am is so happy that you are there for her kids and she loves you lots for your hard work, the house looked awesome. Sorry you had a rough day! Love ya!