Monday, August 8, 2011

Time with Jason and the boys

Day 140 Saturday, August 6th
I had my camera with me all day, and I tried to get a picture of the twins and Nathan as they were hiding in the clothes at Old Navy, but the lighting was too dark. I tried to catch them as they were running through the store, but I was too slow. I should have snapped a photo when they were eating lunch but I was distracted. I tried to get a cute picture another time, but no one would smile, and then they ran off, laughing! Davin was really good for me when we were shopping, but he was busy along with me, trying to round up the others. Jason's sister Barb was there to help with her two...and they were thankfully a great resource. Dellany, Tremayne and Dave joined us after golfing, and we were finally able to get most of the school shopping finished. When they say it takes a village...
Later when we had everyone to dinner including Uncle George, I finally got a picture of Dave's parents who sat nicely for me. I missed the photo-opp of Nathan sitting on the bench in the Memory Garden eating his Fat Boy...you guessed it, I was too slow. I didn't even try to get pictures when CJ, Tyler, Zac and puppy Daisy were stung in turn by yellow jackets! Nor did I want to when Dave, unable to find the hornet spray, got out his propane torch and blasted the nasty little things in their nest that he found in the back of the Adirondack chair!
Oh yes, we had a busy, lively day, and I felt badly when we said good-bye to Jason as he left with the boys since he was suffering with kidney stones. How will he survive? I'm saying my prayers right now!

1 comment:

Myrna said...

You crack me up!! You're awesome Barb!