Today is Flag Day, a day to remember, and I feel like I am constantly in a state of remembering. How can I ever forget? My friend Myrna gave me this book...a sweet story on grieving. Last night as I drove home, I was overwhelmed with feelings of grief and loss, and as I drove through a heavy rain storm, I cried like a baby and started my own pot of tear soup. Right now, it is bitter tasting with salty tears and disappointment, but eventually I will sweeten it with happy memories, and add flavor to it with the fun times we had together. The special talks that Amberly and I had will add a special spice to it that no one else can replicate. This is my tear soup, and it is best served warm, with caring friends who know how to listen.
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
Day 87
Today is Flag Day, a day to remember, and I feel like I am constantly in a state of remembering. How can I ever forget? My friend Myrna gave me this book...a sweet story on grieving. Last night as I drove home, I was overwhelmed with feelings of grief and loss, and as I drove through a heavy rain storm, I cried like a baby and started my own pot of tear soup. Right now, it is bitter tasting with salty tears and disappointment, but eventually I will sweeten it with happy memories, and add flavor to it with the fun times we had together. The special talks that Amberly and I had will add a special spice to it that no one else can replicate. This is my tear soup, and it is best served warm, with caring friends who know how to listen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We are coming up for the 4th. Do you have any time for sharing tear soup with me? We will be in Orem from the 1st-to the 7th with reunions and family intersperced.
My adoption counselor gave me this book the day of placement. It's one of my favorites, and I know it will help you keep perspective. I'm so sorry for your loss. I didn't know Amberly, but I know that she was a fighter. I love you Barb!
Post a Comment