Day 64
Yesterday afternoon, Jason took Amberly to Intermountain Medical Center, because after blood tests were taken, we were told that she had ammonia building up in her system, a dangerous side effect of her kidneys not working properly. She was in a great deal of pain, so we were hoping that they could get that under control, and get everything back to normal. We travelled here with the boys in the van, while Jason took our car. Dave and I tag-teamed visiting her and tending here at the house. Amberly ate a little, but the hospital food was not very good. Saturday night was a rough night for both Am and Jas as they tried to get her pain managed and Jas tried to get a few moments of sleep on the short "bench" they had for him to sleep on.
Today, she had quite a few visitors, including her Home Teachers, Shane and Justin Osmond. Justin gave her a blessing of comfort and expressed how much she was loved by everyone. Her grandparents, aunts and uncles, a couple of cousins and her siblings came, and each one told her how much she was loved as well. She said, "It feels like it's my farewell or something!" Finally they have found the magic mixture of pain medicine, Dilaudid, anti-nausea meds and Ativan to bring her some relief, so tonight was an easier night. Jason came home here to sleep and check on the boys, and we feel hopeful that we can take her home tomorrow.
2 comments:
I am happy to see that you have made a new post about Amberly. I am Erin Madsen's older sister, and I met you briefly at Sanpete Gives Back when I was working the raffle table. I told you then that I had been putting her name on the Provo Temple prayer roll the past 3 times I have been. I met Amberly for the first time that night, and I wish I had met her so much sooner. Even in the greatest of pain, she was smiling and had a sense of humor that night. She was beautiful both inside and out. I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. Only the Gospel brings real and lasting peace and hope for your future reunion with Amberly. The Savior's Atonement and Resurrection is what makes living this mortal life worthwhile. Mortal life is so unfair, but when we have eternal life, I believe all will be made right.
I also wanted to share with you what I posted on my facebook status last week, along with a link to Amberly's obituary:
"This was my sister's best friend Amberly. She fought a courageous fight against pancreatic cancer for almost 2 years, and she died two days ago. I can't help but cry as I write this. She was so beautiful both inside and out. When I saw her last Friday night, just 3 days before she died, she was smiling. And she still had a sense of humor. I know that because Christ was resurrected and because He lives right at this very moment that Amberly's spirit still lives and she is happy and free of pain and that she can be with her husband and 4 young boys (an 8 year old, 6 year old twins, and a 4 year old) after this life. She loved her little family more than anything and endured so much pain in a valiant and unselfish effort to survive her terrible disease so that she could watch her sons grow up. Her friendship transformed my sister in many ways, and she will never, ever be forgotten."
Post a Comment