For my friend Kathi's Birthday a few friends went to San Antonio where we celebrated by staying right by the River Walk, taking a boat tour on the river, eating out, shopping and enjoying the upper 70 degree weather. It was fantastic!
The view from the river was beautiful, and our tour guide Tim was informative and funny.
Of course when I told Tim it was Kathi's Birthday, he gave her a Birthday hug!
Kathi, Kathy, Jody and I at the Alamo. Always remember!
A HUGE cactus by the Alamo. (No, I am NOT the cactus!)
We had lunch at Boudro's on the River Walk, and of course I told the waiter that it was Kathi's Birthday, so she gets another hug, and a key lime cheesecake that was unbelievable! As we were eating we saw Tim's boat go by, and when we called out to him, he shouted Happy Birthday again! Unforgettable, that's what we are! For dinner we went to the Tower of the Americas (like the Space Needle in Seattle with a rotating dining room) and then saw the 4D Skies Over Texas. Everything we ate on the trip was delicious, and each day was as perfect as the next. We shopped in the Prime Outlet Malls (especially at Brighton), went to Big'Z (yes, everything IS bigger in Texas, especially their hamburgers) and were even able to go to the San Antonio Temple which was breathtaking. We packed a lot into two and a half days and
we loved every minute of it!
5 comments:
Next time, I'm getting packed in your bag! You have too much fun without me! Love you! Look at that cute blog background! ;)
You ladies are some silly billies! Wooohoo for winter vacays!
Glad you had fun! It's always fun to have a girls getaway! Especially somewhere warm when it's so darn cold here!
Fun! I have always wanted to go there, but haven't had the chance. Girl time is always good!
That is a seriously huge cactus! Sounds like you had quite an adventure :)
Post a Comment