This has been a week of true sorrows. A friend in our Ward that had battled brain cancer, died leaving his wife and 2 young children. He fought a good fight, just like Amberly did. He was one of the best and brightest as well. Then all over the News has been the tragic story of how Josh Powell, a suspect in his wife's murder, blew up his house taking himself and his 2 young boys with him. It was a selfish, cowardly, brutal thing to do, and it has everyone reeling with the injustice of it. Then today I found out that our neighbor and dear friends' son chose to take his life. He was only 23, so handsome, talented and personable. His fight was with the demon of alcohol. I am heart-sick.
There is so little in this life over which we have control. So much of our journey has to truly be a walk of faith. Our lives are governed by the choices we make and the choices of others, and then there is Divine Will. I have learned a lot this year about truly tusting in the Father's will. I don't understand why we must suffer such devastating loss and sorrow, and yet I'm beginning to see that it may be the only way to shape us into what we are meant to be.

2 comments:
Sorrows...does having sorrows make the joys that much better?
That was a hard week. You are so good at putting thoughts into words.
Post a Comment