Monday, February 27, 2012

Day 343

If I ever needed proof that we live in an imperfect world, today would have convinced me! I started the day still feeling anxiety from yesterday, (don't ask me why I'm so anxious), and things went downhill from there. I'm aware that when you're having negative thoughts, you attract more negative energy. It's true! While trying to make my "healthy" galette, (after weighing and not losing from yesterday), the egg rolled off the counter and smashed on the floor. Clean up on Aisle 1! No one came to help, so I cleaned it up and that made me a little late. Of course it's a Monday, and while at work, I had the misfortune to listen to the principal chomp in my ear eating his Cheerios close by, only to be followed by the same noise while he ate a crispy salad a couple hours later. Usually I try to ignore it and think kind toughts, but today it wasn't working. (He doesn't like to eat by himself or in his own office.) After, I was on my way to do an errand for Dave, only to find out when I called him that he'd already done it. Detour! When I got home, I was restringing a bracelet for a friend, when an end slipped and the beads went flying, including a charm. Then another detour as I looked everywhere for the charm, never to find it. In the meantime I was vacuuming under the couch cushions I had pulled off in my search, realizing how dirty it was, and while moving the ottoman spilled my Diet Dr. Pepper all over that rug! (Yes, I'm back to that since I can't have chocolate, sweets, bread, or anything else wonderful.) After cleaning that up, Dave came home to no dinner waiting, which I admit is not a huge shock, but he readily agreed that I should go get a salad for me and a chicken sandwich for him. (He knows when to pick his battles!) So, on the way, I went to the store to buy another charm. I'm sure I'll find it later when I don't care, or perhaps when I find my good glasses I haven't seen in weeks! Thank goodness tomorrow is another day!

No comments: