I've truly gained a sense of peace in the last little while...I feel stronger. Does this mean I've finally reached the acceptance phase of my grief? I still miss Amberly so much, but I no longer break down
every time I think of her. I'm beginning to notice the beauty around me again, and the other day I was breaking into song in the car, and everywhere! I truly thought the song had gone out of my soul for good. I feel more grateful for my blessings and have been busy helping Dellany get ready for the baby. Sometimes I even feel a little happy. Counting my blessings, naming them one by one...
1 comment:
You're doing great! It must have been that walk over to my house the other day!! I don't think you ever get over the loss of a child--no matter the age--but I think you realize that life really does go on, and that it is a good thing. You should be singing at the top of your lungs Barb.
Rejoice in where you've been, and look forward to the journey ahead.
Post a Comment