Why do we look happy posing at the Department of Corrections? We were at a re-training meeting this morning to be able to volunteer at the Prison. This is Susie who I work with at Draper Institute, where we send in cell study packets for the inmates. We have a good time togehter. I work mostly with the 12-Step Recovery program, answering questions and giving encouragment. It's very rewarding for me to be able to help those who have reached rock-bottom and want to make changes in their lives.
It has been a busy day...after the training, Susie dropped me off at Mimi's for lunch with some of our old Karalee friends. It was wonderful to visit with all of them. Then later Dave and I bought balloons to put on the Adams' lamp post, with a card that told them how much our hearts are aching for them. They caught us and we shared tears and hugs. Then Dave and I went to the show, "The Vow". Tonight we are tending CJ and Jesse so that Britt and Jon could go out with Dell and Tremayne. They're both asleep now, little angels...sure do love them!

1 comment:
You and Dave are the best!
Post a Comment