Thursday, January 19, 2012

Day 304

Today I went to lunch at Pei Wei with Kathi for her birthday. I was excited to give her her gifts from me. The theme this time was "Small things" and I gave her the jewelry she's wearing here and a few other tiny treasures. I even wrote a poem...I know it's a little sappy, but I'd had the ideas for it, floating around in my head for a while, so I finally put it to verse. Kathi has been a wonderful friend to me through thick and thin for almost 38 years now. A friendship like that is a true treasure and one of the greatest blessings of life.
                      Small Things
Tiny acts of kindness like tears into a pond,
Ripple on unnoticed, outward and beyond.
Small words of comfort, although quietly given,
Swell within, to become points of light from heaven.
Each smile we share with others, like grains of sand,
Are remembered and counted by the Master's Hand.
Little gifts that are given, when given from the heart,
Ripple out, yet return, and become in our souls, a part.
                                                                        bsc '12

2 comments:

Myrna said...

What a beautiful poem Barbara. The jewelery is beautiful. You are blessed to have such a wonderful friend.

Jenessa said...

Love the poem! I know she loved your gifts cuz she told me:)