Sunday, January 1, 2012

DAY 288

My gift from Jason was this gratitude journal of Amberly's. There are not many pages filled, but what is there is priceless to me. When I read this excerpt, I realized just how long she truly suffered. Each of us are going to take turns writing in this for a month. I am starting today. The other night I was remembering her suffering and I cried myself to sleep.
These words from Richard G. Scott bring me comfort:
I testify that when the Lord closes one important door in your life, He shows His continuing love and compassion by opening many other compensating doors through your exercise of faith. He will place in your path packets of spiritual sunlight to brighten your way. They often come after the trial has been the greatest, as evidence of the compassion and love of an all-knowing Father. They point the way to greater happiness, more understanding, and strengthen your determination to accept and be obedient to His will.

3 comments:

Myrna said...

What a wonderful gift Barbara... What a beautiful message from Amberly, and it's in her own handwriting. What a treasure!

Janet said...

It was wonderful to see Am's handwriting and feel of her strength and faith through her pain. She our special guardian angel and she will always be loved! We think...and pray for you always!

Jon, Britt & the boys said...

Oh, how I miss her! I look forward to my turn with the gratitude journal. She sure was an example to us all. I love seeing anything with her sweet handwriting. Heavenly Father must love her, and he must have needed her more than we can understand.