Friday, November 18, 2011
Day 242
I used to want to always be right and win arguments, until one day, a voice inside my head said, "If you have to be right at all costs, the cost is just too high." Having to be right or to "win" all the time damages relationships, and who has the energy for it anyway? Life has taught me through experience that we all have our own reality, our own perspective, and since we are in a world where we "see through a glass darkly", our perceptions are often skewed. I'm facing another birthday tomorrow, and I'm grateful that I'm old enough to be alright with being wrong. It's freeing to not worry about what other people think. I'm free to be creative in my own way. The only thing I need to worry about is being "right" with God.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment