Monday, October 17, 2011

Day 212

As I was leaving for work and enjoying our colorful view of the mountains on this rain-washed morning, I saw a mother holding an infant in one arm and holding a toddler by the hand with the other. She was smiling as she was looking down at her little boy and teaching him to skip. Down the street they went, absorbed in their new experience. The look of joy on both their faces was uplifting. I smiled too as I remembered those days of teaching our little ones. They were so excited at every stage with that "inborn sense of wonder", (Rachel Carson). Brittany and Jon came over last night with the boys, and now we are able to watch with wonder at every new accomplishment they make. Just as the seasons change, life moves on, and as we are in the fall season of our lives, we are thankful for each blessing of joy that we are given.

1 comment:

john and brenda said...

I'm so glad you share pictures of the mountains in Autumn...I miss those most of all here is flat AZ!