Friday, September 2, 2011

Swiss Days

Day 167
Since Dave was off today, we got up early and headed for Swiss Days, like we have done every year for more years than we can count. When we got to Midway before eight this morning there were already crowds of people. We got a 'Swiss' scone for breakfast and I looked for new ideas and gifts in each of the many booths, while Dave listened to the musicians and other performers. For lunch we had a 'Swiss' knockwurst on rye, just like we do every year. I know, we are creatures of habit. Here I am giving a thumbs up sign while we are still in line. It was a day of beautiful weather, and I'm so glad we went. We almost didn't, thinking we just didn't need to go this year, but I'm glad this is a habit we haven't broken just yet. Dave was such a good sport because he doesn't like crowds, he doesn't like to shop, and he doesn't want me to spend money. But he let me do my thing while he did his, and we both enjoyed a great day.

No comments: