This solemn day of remembrance started for us as we watched on television the events of that horrific day and the tributes given to those who died. At 9:11 this morning Dave looked at our digital clock and commented on the time and I went to him to give him a kiss and a promise that I would never forget him...silly I know, but how can we ever forget? Later, the Choir broadcast was even more moving with its message and music. Dave and I both shed tears as we watched. Then in Church many references were made to this day 10 years ago, and how the nation has triumphed over tribulation. Al Quaida's goal was to bring this nation to its knees, and in a sense this happened, but not in the way they intended. We, as a nation were humbled and grieving, but it brought us closer to one another and to God, and thus we became stronger and more immovable in our resolve to protect our freedoms. They had failed in their evil intent.
It seems now like GREED as a nation will topple us before any other enemy. I feel like it's at the root of our country's financial woes. It certanly is alive and well in corporate America and PRIDE as its parent has grown as we so quickly forget humility, and how quickly life can be taken. One nation UNDER GOD is what brings strength and unity. When we forget THIS, we are in very real peril. Let us never forget, yes, let us never forget.
I quote George Washington to complete my point:
"I now make it my earnest prayer, that God would have you in his holy protection; that he would incline the hearts of the citizens to cultivate a spirit of obedience; to entertain a brotherly affection and love for one another, and finally, that he would most graciously be pleased to dispose us all to do justice, to love mercy, and to demean ourselves with that charity, humility, and temper of the mind, which are of the Divine, without who, we can never hope to be a happy Nation."

No comments:
Post a Comment