Sunday, August 28, 2011

Such comfort came...

Day 162 Quite early in the morning, the day after being in Ephraim, I went out on the deck to look down on my Memory Garden. I was wondering why I had not seen any hummingbirds yet, when I had planted flowers to attract them and put out three feeders. I had put so much thought and effort into that corner of the yard, in honoring my sweet little girl, taken from me so soon. I was in a pensive mood, wondering too, if I would see her in a vivid dream the way her friend Erin had. I know that each of us are given different gifts in life, and mine has been to hear the voice of the Spirit, not usually have messages sent in dreams. I have wanted to know that Amberly is happy, even though in my mind I know she is...in my heart I want to feel it. The day was dawning fresh from the night rain, and it was peaceful standing there. Suddenly a little brown hummingbird flew right past me to the feeder hanging only inches away from me. She stayed for just a a few seconds, tasting the nectar,  then flying away again. A feeling washed over me, sweet and affirming. Amberly is aware, and perhaps she sent that little hummingbird to let me know it, to remind me of her love.
I have to believe she did.
Such comfort came to me on that peaceful, early morning.

1 comment:

john and brenda said...

That's just beautiful! My prayers are for your added comfort.