
Day 66
No words can adequately describe our feelings for this day. It was raining...again...it seemed the whole world was feeling the sorrow we were feeling. Amberly's pain was becoming unmanagable. We had the kindest Hospice nurse, Kristy, who was helping us. Her pump had to be adjusted often to increase the dosage of Dilaudid. Once when there was a bubble in the line, Am's pain was excruciating. It was so very awful to see her suffer, but more devastating still to think of letting her go. In the afternoon, her breathing became more labored, then shallow, and then our sweet Am was gone. We were so grateful that our family could be with her...and to be with Jason and the boys. As she passed, there was a beautiful rainbow behind the house. I never saw the rainbow but I know it was there, just as I know that Amberly is still with us, and always will be. The rainbow was a sweet reminder of God's promises to us. We will see her again and be able to live with her forever. Farewell for now, our sweet angel.
2 comments:
Those where the same sentiments the night my sweet Michael left us from cancer that he fought so hard to get rid of. It started raining when they took his sweet body out of our home and then continued for weeks after. I felt as if the Angels were crying with me and when the sun finally did arrive, we (my littlest 4 & 5 year olds and I) laid in my bed declaring that it was our Michael wishing us a good morning; what could be better when you are 4 & 5 than having your big bubba tell you personally "hello"?
I just now read your comment on my blog about your son's passing. Thanks for sharing...I can tell you share our grief.
Post a Comment