Monday, May 30, 2011

Saturday, May 28


Pall Bearers: l to r, Tremayne Higby, Zac Carroll, Danny Carbine, Jon Thurston, Charles Rhodes, Paul Rhodes

Taylor and Zac


CJ and Brittany


Dellany and Tremayne


Cassidy and Morgyn, Davin on the right


Day 70

The funeral service was as beautiful as the day...a fitting tribute to our much-loved Amberly. Her little boys wheeled the casket into the chapel, and that poignant image will remain with everyone. Her siblings sang the hymn, "Be Still My Soul, and I swear Amberly was singing with them. Her favorite hymn, "Come Thou Font of Every Blessing" was played in a stunning arrangement with piano, violin, violo and cello by Michelle and George Angerbauer, Jaren Angerbauer and Michael Angerbauer, David's cousins. The service was so uplifting and inspiring. In the coming posts I will give excerpts from the tributes that were given. When we got to the cemetery, there were flags flying for Memorial Day and flowers everywhere. On the hill to the southeast stood the magnificent Manti Temple...a view too beautiful to describe.


And this is a sight to which no words can do justice.

2 comments:

john and brenda said...

It just breaks my heart to see the five lone 'men' walking away. Are you enduring?

Duffin Family said...

The picture of Dellany brought tears to my eyes and made my heart sink a little bit. Then I page down to Jason and his handsome boys and that totally breaks my heart. I wish them and all of you the best. Time does heal, but never completely closes that wound.