Day 17 We experienced one of the most hellish days of late at this wonderful facility called the Intermountain Medical Center. It started with a long line of people "trying" to admit themselves at a touch screen computer at 9:15 in the morning and only went downhill from there. Apparently the Endoscopy department and the MRI department, both on the same floor have no ability to communicate via computers with each other. So after over an hour of miserable waiting (for Amberly), we find out that we are on the wrong side and have missed her MRI appointment altogether! Never mind that we handed all of the requisite forms to the admin clerk! So, we are obliged to complete Amberly's "prep" in record time, making her even more uncomfortable and in pain. And guess what? The department KNOWN for making bums hurt has NOTHING to relieve the burning and pain of a sore bottom due to a prolific amount of diarrhea! Nothing! No salve, Neosporin, Tucks or PrepH! There was only one nurse there that was worth her salt, and the rest were abysmal. She did get her MRI right after her colonoscopy, but the nurses were less than compassionate, even though anyone could see that she was thin because of ill-health, in pain and anxious. It mattered little. Her discomfort was excruciating the whole, long, dismal day! The doctor was abrupt and condescending, Amberly was STARVING, and we were more than happy to quit the place finally at 4:30 p.m. Colonoscopy was clean. Other results to come. All I can say is, where is the Balm of Gilead?
Wednesday, April 6, 2011
IMC - the dirty word!
Day 17 We experienced one of the most hellish days of late at this wonderful facility called the Intermountain Medical Center. It started with a long line of people "trying" to admit themselves at a touch screen computer at 9:15 in the morning and only went downhill from there. Apparently the Endoscopy department and the MRI department, both on the same floor have no ability to communicate via computers with each other. So after over an hour of miserable waiting (for Amberly), we find out that we are on the wrong side and have missed her MRI appointment altogether! Never mind that we handed all of the requisite forms to the admin clerk! So, we are obliged to complete Amberly's "prep" in record time, making her even more uncomfortable and in pain. And guess what? The department KNOWN for making bums hurt has NOTHING to relieve the burning and pain of a sore bottom due to a prolific amount of diarrhea! Nothing! No salve, Neosporin, Tucks or PrepH! There was only one nurse there that was worth her salt, and the rest were abysmal. She did get her MRI right after her colonoscopy, but the nurses were less than compassionate, even though anyone could see that she was thin because of ill-health, in pain and anxious. It mattered little. Her discomfort was excruciating the whole, long, dismal day! The doctor was abrupt and condescending, Amberly was STARVING, and we were more than happy to quit the place finally at 4:30 p.m. Colonoscopy was clean. Other results to come. All I can say is, where is the Balm of Gilead?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh my goodness, as I read that I had tears in my eyes. That is all horrible and am so very sorry that Amberly had to endure that mess. It just breaks my heart, I feel for your family. I know I only met you guys once but know that you all are in my thoughts and prayers!!
~Jennifer
ps.
I hope you dont mind me stalking your blog too :)
Not at all Jennifer. Thanks for your prayers.
What a horrible day for you.
I bet you so wanted to help Amberly.
I hope you will meet some compassionate person the next time. They are there!
I'd be calling Larry Hancock. He's the bishop in the Karalee ward (Cyd is kinda dating his son) and he's either CEO or VP of IHC and works at IMC (my mom is there recovering from hip replacement and came to see her, nice man). Seriously, that is RIDICULOUS!!! I had Hudson there and was SOOOO happy to have Oakley at Riverton. My OB moved because he didn't like IMC. Riverton was aweseme. So sorry she had to go through that.
This is agonizingly familiar! We did have better service at Riverton, but I say just stay away from them all as much as possible. The Lord will do the most important work for you! And you should put my number I speed dial, I have an ointment for EVERYTHING!
Post a Comment