Good Friday has been referred to as Dark Friday, as I'm sure it was the darkest of days for the Savior upon the Earth...the day when he chose to drink from the most bitter of cups in order to redeem us from the Fall, and from our sins, including the agony, pain and suffering of every person who has, or ever will live. It is incomprehensible to me how this was accomplished. I know He was the only one who could do it, descending from His Godhood to partake of the human experience through His mother Mary, yet having the power to take up His life again through His Father in Heaven, to make it so that we could all return to that same Father, if we would follow Him. I think of that moment in the Garden when the Father had to remove Himself from Jesus, so that He could begin the process of the Atonement alone, so alone, as it had to be. At some time during this excruciating, bleeding at every pore, redemption for us, He was ministered to by an angel from heaven, as shown in the Carl Bloch painting.

He had to be strengthened for what was to come...the betrayals, the trial, the mocking and finally, the suffering on the Cross that was to complete the Atonement for all of us. When I think of my sorrows, my own weaknesses and sins, when I see Amberly's suffering, when I think of the suffering of so many, and then multiply that to fill the whole world, I see why he bled at every pore. How magnifcent He is, so mighty to save us all, so loving to pay the supernal price that was required. How can I ever doubt His love or turn way from His word?

It is with complete soberness that I claim Him as my Savior and Redeemer. He has my love and worship for all He has done for me personally...and the Atonement IS individual as well as infinite! I will always do my best to follow Him, obey Him and serve Him. I testify to this in His most holy and worthy name, Jesus Christ, Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment