Sunday, April 3, 2011

General Conference


Day 15

This is General Conference weekend...I love it! On Saturday and Sunday we get to listen to a total of 8 hours of instruction and beautiful music from the Tabernacle Choir and other choirs, in 2 hour blocks of time. It is just my favorite thing to do, to listen and be inspired, uplifted and comforted, by the wonderful leaders of our Church, sitting in the comfort of our family room. This is Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf, a couselor in the Presidency of the Church, and one of my favorites, who spoke today. He is always an entertaining speaker, but also very direct and spiritually intuitive. Today, he gave me such guidance and comfort: keep trusting in the Lord, go forth with faith in Him. He WILL be with us in our trials. I do know this to be true...and I AM hanging on with faith and love for my Savior, the Savior of us all.

2 comments:

Duffin Family said...

I loved conference as well! I can't remember the last time I watched this much at once! It was inspiring and uplifting. I was thinking of Amberly and you all many times as I heard stories of faith and healing. I pray every day her faith and everyone who loves her will heal her. Miracles do happen! We love you guys! Keep the faith!

JoshandJen said...

I LOVE comference too, it is such a blessing to have a prophet on the Earth at this time and that there are so many ways with technology now that we can be edified and uplifted by the words from conference. It always refjuvenates me for things to come and helps put things in perspective. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers!

~Jennifer