Tuesday, June 10, 2008

These are a few of my favorite things...

#1 Of course my FAVORITE thing is my FAMILY and spending time with them! It's Dave's favorite thing too - even above snowmobiling and fishing! See the SLIDE SHOW (my 1st) below with some favorite moments and pic's.

#2
I love to see the things my kids and grandkids are able to accomplish and create! This is a painting that Amberly did for me of a street in France. All the kids have such unique talents and abilitites! The girls ALL blog as you can see by my links! Zac takes after Dave in liking to fix things. Here he is replacing a clutch...something he's done before, but this time it got UGLY! Dave and he spent the best part of a week working on the problems and finally Tremayne came to help and they got it finished! (ALL THAT DIRT & GREASE? NOT one of my favorite things!)



#3 I love my happy room! I know it sounds silly, it's just our guest room that I use a lot for beading and reading, watching chic flicks and using my laptop! When the house was FULL with kids coming and going all the time, I found myself retreating there for some peace and quiet. Then, when Dellany was so sick, it became the room for her to be near us and heal and become happy again. When Am & Jas come to visit and stay over, they stay there and then everything is REALLY lively and happy! Guests will always be welcome in my happy room! That it has a French "theme" only adds to its allure, n'est-ce pas?

#4 I love Jane Austen! Yup, I'm a Jane-ite. My favorite book of hers is Pride and Prejudice, but I love them all. I've seen the Joe Knight directed version too many times to count now, in English and in French. I recently rented the 2 disc version with Collin Firth as Mr. Darcy and have to admit that that one sticks closer to the book...whatever, I adore all of the Mr. Darcys of the world!

#5 I love everything to smell nice! I love the Scentsy that Am gave me for Mother's Day with the pine cone theme for our master bedroom. Sizzlin' Coconut...yum! I also love Bath and Body Works Exotic Coconut in lotion and everything it comes in, including the Wallflowers! Of course they are discontinuing it! Deja vu! I first fell in love with the coconut line that Yves Rocher had, when Britt and I went to France...found out how to order it online and then... after I was HOOKED, they discontinued it! Exotic Coconut was the first thing that came close and now...I'm just crazy for coconut! #6 I love everything French...not that French people are particularly loveable, but because I love languages and took French all through High School (a prerequisite in Canada for anyone who wants to go on to University) and then minored in it at BYU. When Britt went on her mission to the France Bordeaux Mission, I felt like it was a direct blessing for ME from Heavenly Father! Then when we had our ADVENTURE to France 2 weeks after 9-11 happened, and I met the wonderful people she knew there, my fate was sealed. I listen to French music, watch my favorite movies in French and "de temps en temps" read The Book of Mormon "en francais"!

#7 My lucky number! I know it's EVERYONE'S lucky number, but REALLY, I'm 7 minutes older than my twin sister Patricia and I love her, and we have 7 people in our original Carroll family. (We LOVE the new additions!) Which brings us back to the SLIDE SHOW...ENJOY!

4 comments:

Andrea Harper said...

Barabra Ann Sullivan,boom boom, you are me girl, boom boom. Remember that?!! Hee hee! Thanks for your cute comment on my blog. I miss you and Dave alot too! You're like my second family. Maybe Dell and I should come over one of these days, make no-bake cookies, and sing and dance around in our underwear (okay, maybe that was just Dell) just for good old times sake! Love you!

Dellany Higby said...

Barbara Ann Sullivan, boom boom, you are my girl BOOM BOOM. What? It's not the same if we don't both do it! I love you happy room too, I'm glad I always have a place to go and heal! I LOVE YOU!!

Amberly said...

I guess I'm going to have to hear the boom boom song! I love your favorite things... I'm so glad you are blogging. Love you!

Jon, Britt & the boys said...

Wow mom! Look at you all jumping on the technology band wagon! So proud of you! :) I'm disapointed however, that I wasn't on your list of your favorite things! Hellooooooooooooo! jk